By Tom Carpenter
The excellent on-the-job reference advisor for SQL Server 2008 database administrators
If you deal with and administer SQL Server 2008 within the actual global, you wish this distinctive advisor at your table. From making plans to catastrophe restoration, this functional publication explores initiatives and eventualities operating SQL Server DBA faces on a regular basis and indicates you step-by-step the way to deal with them. subject matters contain set up and configuration, growing databases and tables, optimizing the database server, making plans for prime availability, and more.
And, if you are getting ready for MCTS or MCITP certification in SQL Server 2008 management, this e-book is the suitable complement on your practise, that includes a CD with perform checks, flashcards, and video walkthroughs of the more challenging administrative tasks
- Delves into Microsoft's SQL Server 2008, a wealthy set of enterprise-level database prone for business-critical applications
- Explores the abilities you will have at the task as a SQL Server 2008 administrator
- Shows you ways to enforce, continue, and service the SQL Server database, together with bonus video clips at the CD the place the authors walks you thru the more challenging tasks
- Covers database layout, set up and configuration, developing databases and tables, safety, backup and excessive availability, and more
- Supplements your instruction for MCTS and MCITP SQL Server 2008 certification with in-depth insurance of the ability units required for certification, as outlined through Microsoft
- Uses hands-on routines and real-world situations to maintain what you are studying grounded within the fact of the workplace
Make definite you are not simply ready for certification, but additionally on your task as a SQL Server 2008 administrator, with this useful reference!
Note: CD-ROM/DVD and different supplementary fabrics should not incorporated as a part of book file.